Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
CLOSEOUT SALE--All sales final. Best by date 9/2013
Lifes-Trio by Terry Naturally is a natural blood pressure and cholesterol support supplement that provides a convenient and natural way to manage healthy blood pressure and cholesterol.*
Convenient and natural way to manage healthy blood pressure and cholesterol**
Lignan-rich Nordic flax seed powder for optimal health benefits
Excellent source of potassium - 5 times the amount of other supplements!
Convenient - just add to your favorite foods or beverages
Triple Blend of Plant Sterols, Potassium and Calcium
Lifes-Trio provides the foundation you need for supporting heart, digestion, bone and cellular immune health. Clinical research shows that adding the patented blend of ingredients in Lifes-Trio to the foods you eat every day can significantly improve your heart health. And that is just one of its many benefits!
Adding Lifes-Trio is a great way to get valued nutrients into your everyday diet without having to swallow additional tablets or capsules.* Just once a day, mix the crushed flax seed powder fortified with heart-healthy minerals and plant sterols into your favorite foods or beverages.
The plant sterols in Lifes-Trio steal the"parking spaces" in the intestines that would otherwise be taken by cholesterol, preventing it from being absorbed into the body. Just one serving of Lifes-Trio supplies 1.8 g of plant sterols.
Potassium supports the bodys nerve-signaling ability, fights free-radical damage inside arteries and blood vessels, and helps the body balance sodium levels and appears to support healthy blood pressure levels already within normal limits.* Emerging research shows that calcium may support blood pressure levels, and bind to bile acids that carry cholesterol through the body, helping excrete it through the digestive system.*
In tablet or capsule supplement form, potassium is only available in 100mg amounts or less. This is because of gastric concerns about effects of those forms of potassium in the stomach. Lifes-Trio, because it provides potassium in a flax seed powder, contains 500mg of potassium per serving. Potassium is an important mineral nutrient for supporting blood pressure levels already within normal limits.*
How it Works:
Lifes-Trio provides a convenient and useful way to manage healthy blood pressure and cholesterol, with 500mg of potassium per serving, and support digestion, bone, and cellular immune health.** It combines a triple blend of plant sterols, potassium, and calcium in a ground flax powder base and provides an easy way to get nutrients that may be otherwise missing from your diet.
In a randomized, double blind placebo-controlled clinical trial, the ingredients in Lifes-Trio supported healthy cholesterol levels by 8% versus 3% for the placebo group.**1
Plant Sterols: Because of their structural similarity to cholesterol, plant sterols are able to take up the sites in the intestines where cholesterol would otherwise be absorbed. The cholesterol can then be more easily excreted by the body, carried by the fiber content of the flax powder.1,2
Flax seed powder: Lignans from flax seed powder can help support healthy cholesterol levels. In one randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, SDG (secoisolariciresinol diglucoside) lignans supported healthy total and LDL cholesterol levels by 22% and 24% respectively. 3
The fiber content of flax seed powder provides gentle digestive support. Flax seed powder can also help balance estrogen levels throughout the body, supporting breast and prostate health, and healthy cell development. Additionally, along with the calcium in the formula, flax seed lignans may help support bone health.*4-8
Potassium helps balance sodium levels in the body and supports healthy blood pressure already within the normal range. Because it is in a matrix of flax seed powder, Lifes-Trio is able to provide 500mg of potassium ? 5 times the amount available in tablet or capsule forms.9,10
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and is essential for proper bone remineralization. Research suggests that calcium may help support cholesterol and blood pressure levels as well.**11
Servings (10g) Per Container: 30
Each scoop (10g) contains:
---Calories from Fat 11
Total Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate < 1 g
---Dietary Fiber 2g
Calcium (citrate) 250mg
Potassium (citrate) 500mg
Plant Sterols 1.8g
---(blended with (6g) crushed Nordic flax seed powder and standardized to a minimum of 40mg of flax lignans)
Other Ingredients: Finnish Bilberry powder.
Contains NO: sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, dairy products, artificial coloring, artificial flavoring, or preservatives.
Adults: Just add one scoop daily (10 grams) to cereal, yogurt, smoothies or other foods and beverages. Its a convenient, effective, and clinically-studied way to make each day a step toward good health. To protect nutrients, do not use in cooking.
Warnings: If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.
**Levels already within normal limits
1. Tikkanen MJ, Hagstrum P, Tuomilehto J, Kein?nen-Kiukaanniemi S, Sundvall J, Karppanen H. Effect of a diet based on low-fat foods enriched with nonesterified plant sterols and mineral nutrients on serum cholesterol. Am J Cardiol. 2001;88(10):1157-62.
2. Vaskonen T. 2002. Dietary combination of mineral nutrients and plant sterols effects on serum lipids and blood pressure in experimental obesity. Doctoral Dissertation, University Press, Helsinki.
3. Zhang W, Wang X, Liu Y, Tian H, Flickinger B, Empie MW, Sun SZ. Dietary flaxseed lignan extract lowers plasma cholesterol and glucose concentrations in hypercholesterolaemic subjects. Br J Nutr. 2008 Jun;99(6):1301-9.
4. Thompson LU, Chen JM, Li T, Strasser-Weippl K, Goss PE. Dietary flaxseed alters tumor biological markers in postmenopausal breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2005 May 15;11(10):3828-35.
5. Zhang W, Wang X, Liu Y, Tian H, Flickinger B, Empie MW, Sun SZ. Effects of dietary flaxseed lignan extract on symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia. J Med Food. 2008 Jun;11(2):207-14.
6. Flaxseed Lignans. In: Hendler SS, ed. PDR for Nutritional Supplements. 2nd ed. Montvale, NJ: Physicians Desk Reference; 2008:214-218.
7. Ward WE, Yuan YV, Cheung AM, Thompson LU. Exposure to purified lignan from flaxseed (Linum usitatissimum) alters bone development in female rats. Br J Nutr. 2001 Oct;86(4):499-505.
8. Flax. In: PDR for Herbal Medicines, 4th ed. Montvale, NJ: Physicians Desk Reference; 2007:329-333.
9. Khaw KT, Barrett-Connor E. The association between blood pressure, age, and dietary sodium and potassium: a population study. Circulation. 1988 Jan;77(1):53-61.
10. Potassium. In: Hendler SS, ed. PDR for Nutritional Supplements. 2nd ed. Montvale, NJ: Physicians Desk Reference; 2008:509-512.
11. Calcium. In: Hendler SS, ed. PDR for Nutritional Supplements. 2nd ed. Montvale, NJ: Physicians Desk Reference; 2008:109-114.
Terry Lemerond, Founder & President, has 40 years experience in the health food industry having owned several health food stores and nutritional manufacturing companies. He has researched and developed over 300 nutritional and botanical formulations that continue to be top selling products on the market today. He is credited to be the first to introduce to the U.S. health food market glucosamine sulfate, IP6, black cohosh for menopause, the concept of botanical standardization and the introduction of complex formulations for specific health indications.
View his articles, Terry Talks Nutrition.
Choose a currency below to display product prices in the selected currency.