Offering high-quality, competitively priced choices that are both environmentally friendly and socially responsible, Frontier seeks to lead the way in bringing nature -- and peace of mind -- to customers.
As a leading supplier of organic herbs and spices, they hold a leadership position, not only in the marketplace, but also in the effort to convert food producers to sustainable farming and production practices. Their work is driven by the belief that fostering environmental responsibility is crucial to our world's future.
Their wide selection of aromatherapy products (from Aura Cacia line) provides the highest quality and purity available. They also have the largest selection of organic aromatherapy products available.
Innovative solutions for a better world
They believe in conducting business with unwavering integrity. Their business partners share a dedication to environmental and social sustainability, and together we generate lively, innovative solutions for a better world.
Through constant innovation, insight, and commitment to the highest standards in company performance, Frontier has become the industry leader in natural and organic packaged goods (Simply Organic line).
Quality is above all the rest
You can trust Frontier products to be the freshest, purest and most sustainably produced. Simply put, quality effects taste and efficacy. They never produce or market products that make empty claims or contain questionable ingredients.
Once herbs and spices arrive at Frontier, every aspect of their handling is done with quality in mind.
- Climate controlled storage (70 degrees Fahrenheit and 60% relative humidity) to preserve freshness and chemically active plant constituents.
- They use CO2 fumigation for insect control in herbs and spices, which eliminates the use of chemicals or radiation.
- Strict sanitation rules enforced through regular inspections by Quality Assurance.
- Product handling, processing and packaging systems set up to maximize the quality of the final product.
- Exposure to moisture and heat minimized at all times. Grinding of spices and herbs is done cryogenically at temperatures below -20 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Herbs and spices are packaged in materials which ensure the optimum quality of a product -- foil laminate pouches, glass bottles, or plastic bags double-bagged in paper.
- We use a sophisticated computerized inventory system that allows any herb or spice, even a minor ingredient in a blend, to be instantly located or traced back to its origin.
In believing that every person wishes to leave a positive mark on the world, the goal is to leave future generations with a healthier world than the one we live in today.
Sustainability and dedication
Since the co-op began in 1977, they have remained firmly committed to their founding values -- values like integrity, openness, social responsibility, and respect for the environment. Always considering the way they do business an essential part of their success -- and we consider it a requirement of our success that we grow and prosper by contributing to the world rather than exploiting it.
A sentence that came out one of Frontier's earliest planning sessions -- and has remained unchanged in the years since -- expresses one of our most important commitments: "In all that we do, at all times and with all people, we will conduct our affairs and the affairs of the company with absolute integrity." They apply this test to everything from their product ingredient decisions to the testing of the final product.
We believe that a major factor in their success is the shared respect for Frontier's values among our member/owners and the people who use their products. More and more of us are considering the factors of social responsibility and environmental sustainability when making our purchases -- and more and more companies are moving in that direction. We are pleased that many have embraced these values--and Frontier has from their company's beginning.
Frontier | Aurca Cacia | Simply Organic